Thursday, July 1, 2010

while I was out...

Ah, it's been one whole month since my last post! Fret not, I have been reading. All will be explained in due time.

Firstly, summer classes started, so in addition to the normal (maybe slightly lighter) YA load, I've been reading a lot about multicultural education, which has certainly deterred me from sitting down to write a cohesive blog post.

Secondly, the books I've read lately that I could potentially blog about have been So Epically Good I felt nothing I said could do them justice. But I'll give them a couple shout outs now, the first goes out to GOING BOVINE by LIBBA BRAY, the second is KING DORK by FRANK PORTMAN.

Bovine is zany and wacky and it's the kind of book everyone wants to be able to write. King Dork is a YA classic that I should have read years ago, in the spirit of Catcher in the Rye, but smarter and, naturally, more up-to-date.

Finally, I got my signed copy of Lust by Robin Wasserman a few days ago! Though I haven't begun reading it, it holds a special place in my heart as my first online book win, or whatever you want to call it. So, expect a review of that sometime in the future. First, I'd like to say a few words about Nancy Werlin's Impossible, and then I'll be reading Marcus Sedgwick's Revolver because it's due at the library soon. But a pretty nice line up, no?

In case I don't post before then, have a happy 4th of July fellow Americans, and have a great weekend to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment