Monday, May 24, 2010

I guess I'm just not the target audience.


Mothers and Other Liars by Amy Bourret
Advanced Reader's Edition

will be published August 2010 by St. Martin's Griffin
288 pgs, $9.44 (as listed on amazon)

I've never read Picoult, and there's a reason for it. I know I wouldn't like her books. Seeing as this is essentially a Picoult knock-off (or it tries to be, at least), I most definitely didn't like this. I reviewed it for LibraryThing's Early Reviewers program, so you can see a fuller review here, alongside several positive reviews. Sigh. I don't want to that much of a book snob, but is it so much to ask for books to actually be written well?

ON A SCALE FROM 1-10
Plot Development - 4
Character Development - 3
Depth - 3.5
Voice - 1
Average Rating - 2.9

No comments:

Post a Comment